Baked Carrot Chips
- 1-2 Carrots
- 1 tsp olive oil or melted coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200º
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Slice the carrots paper-thin and place in a large bowl.
- Add the oil, salt, cumin, and cinnamon. Toss well to thoroughly coat the carrots.
- Lay the slices in a single layer on the baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges start to curl up and turn crisp.
- Turn the carrot chips over and bake for another 5-8 minutes to crisp the bottoms.
- Once cool, store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
PNB Banana Bites
- 3 large bananas
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup melted dark chocolate
- Slice bananas into slices roughly 1/2cm thick.
- Spread a little PNB onto a slice and sandwich with another slice of banana. Repeat with remaining banana slices and PNB.
- Place on a baking tray and freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Once frozen, dip each banana bite into the melted chocolate and place back on the baking tray.
- Freeze for another hour. Transfer into an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Apple and Nut Butter Slices
- 1 apple, sliced thinly & cored
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
- Mini dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Spread the nut butter evenly amongst the slices of apple.
- Place the chocolate chips or cacao nibs on top and sprinkle with the cinnamon.
Rice Cakes Topped with PNB & Banana
- 2 Brown rice cakes
- 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1/3 frozen banana
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Spread the peanut butter evenly on the 2 rice cakes.
- Slice the frozen banana into thin slices and place on top of the peanut butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!
Lemon & Poppy Seed Balls
- 90g Any vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 Cup oat flour
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp truvia
- 1 tsp Grated lemon zest
- 6 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp water
- In a large bowl, combine the protein powder, oat flour, poppy seeds, Truvia and lemon zest.
- Add the lemon juice and water and combine until fully incorporated into mixture.
- Shape the mixture into 28 small ball and place into an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- 400g Can of chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Sat and pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse chickpeas; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Heat the oil in a pan over med-high heat.
- Add chickpeas to the pan and cook for 17 mins or until golden brown & crispy all over.
- Transfer chickpeas to a bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
- Toss chickpeas gently and ensure chickpeas are well coated.
- Serve immediately or allow chickpeas to cool before storing in an airtight container.
Sweet Potato Brownies
- 2 1/2 Cups grated sweet potato
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 Cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 Cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2 1/2 Tbsp coconut or almond flour
- Preheat the oven to 180º
- In a bowl mix the sweet potato, eggs, vanilla, coconut oil and honey/maple.
- Add the cacao powder and baking powder and combine well.
- Fold through the coconut or almond flour gently.
- Place brownie mixture into a lined baking tray and bake for 15-20mins